Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home Away From Home


I love Target and probably spend WAY TO MUCH time there. You find when you spend a lot of time at a place you start to experience many things, both good and odd, at such place. Here are a few more recent happenings at the local Target.


Today as I was trying to kill a little time I went to Target to do a return and started to browse when I felt something o my arm. I brushed it off to find a Praying Mantis crawling away from me, no joke, at least 4.5 inches long. I haven't seen one of these in 20 years at least and it completely freaked me out, although not as much as it freaked out the employee that was nearby. She wasn't sure what it was and thought it was some kind of centipede. I told her what it was and assured her it wouldn't fly at her face and attack her. She called someone to take it out and they promised me they wouldn't kill it. It was actually really pretty, but freaky.


I found these cool earrings along with a bunch of other cool stuff in the dollar depot.


Recently I was walking past the bottom of the escalator and heard this REALLY loud crash. When I looked back I saw a very embarrassed lady standing at the top of the escalator. She had pushed her cart down the actual escalator instead of putting in the cart lift part of the escalator. I mean the cart was completely full and the crash sent people all over the store running to view the commotion. I felt bad for her but I had to put my head down and laugh as I walked away. Does that make me mean?

I wonder what will happen at Target today?