OK, I have a lot to cover so I'm just going to pick up where I left off at Thanksgiving and take it from there...
NOV. 27th
Molly, in carrying on the tradition that I had as a young girl, is preparing the olive tray for Thanksgiving dinner. Good people and good food makes for good times.
NOV. 28th
Then, as has been our tradition for the last four years, we were off to the Amish tree farm to cut the perfect tree. We roasted hot dogs, made s'mores, sipped hot chocolate, and even ran into some friends. It would have been totally perfect had we, and I mean I, not locked the keys in the car. Oh well, perfection is overrated anyway right?
NOV. 29th
Cleveland Winterfest at Public Square
This was a lot of fun. We love catching the train to Tower City Mall this time of the year. They have so much to see. If you haven't had the chance to meet Bruce the Talking Spruce yet, I promise its worth the trip. Our kids love him and he will talk to them forever about anything. We also got to see lots of cool gingerbread houses and tons of lights. Not to mention right in the heart of downtown Cleveland you can go and see a nativity.
NOV. 30th
Letters to Santa
DEC. 1st
Advent Calendars
DEC. 5th
Country Lights (Santa's Workshop)
(attempted pictures with Santa)
Now this only covers a couple of weeks time and you can see we have been pretty busy. The sad thing is that while it is all very "Christmasy" not much of it has anything to do with Christ. I have to say I am glad to have all the "fun" stuff out of the way. We have had more time this last week to focus on the real and true meaning of it all and still have fun. When it comes down to it, I want the memories to be lasting, but the feelings to be built on something REAL!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Here We Go Again
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
10:06 AM