Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Magic in Columbus

Over the weekend we drove to Columbus and took the kids to the Palace Theater to see
Magic Tree House The Musical.
Actually I took Charlee to COSI, the science center, while Travis took Molly and Dillon to the musical. I was sad to miss it, but happy to see them have such a good time.

The musical is based on a series of children's chapter books; "Magic Tree House". Jack and Annie, the main characters of the books, take different adventures in each book through the magic of a tree house. We started reading these books together a few months ago and the kids both really enjoy them.

Dillon got the soundtrack to the musical in his stocking on Christmas. They LOVE the music and became fascinated with the story of the musical through the music. The story is all about a quest to save Camelot.

When we found out that the show was coming to Columbus and we were able to get tickets the children were ecstatic.

Apparently Dillon was a little on edge during a few of the parts and Molly said it got a little intense, but I think knowing the music so well made it really easy for them to follow and anticipate what would happen next.

I'm not sure when it will be back, but I look forward to seeing it myself and the kids look forward to seeing it again. It was totally worth the five hour drive.