As lame as it is...over a month later...I still have to post this kind of stuff for the sake of remembering. Just wait until I do my Mother's/Father's Day post.
There were lots of celebrations to be had at the close of this school year. The only problem was, being the room parent in both of my kids classes, I had to do the planning and preparing of these celebrations. Outside of the occasional chaos, I think it all went pretty well. For Dillon's class we did a teddy bear picnic party. We played games, ate lots of picnic goodies, and had a little preschool graduation ceremony. The kids had a lot of fun and I, surprisingly, got through it without falling apart, as I usually do when my kids move up in school.
For Molly's party we had a luau. I called about 50 different dollar/discount stores anywhere within an hour drive and everybody was sold out of hula hoops. After calling the Dollar Tree distribution center to see if I could order them I was told they were on back order until August, so we ended up with jump ropes. The kids still enjoyed it, along with other activities, and at least the jump ropes are a little easier for them to take home.
Dillon's school ice cream social and Molly's Spring Fling.
(Grammy scored some cool stuff from the silent auction at the Canterbury Spring Fling,
Thanks Grammy)
Cleveland Heights/University Heights Summer Blast Off
the kids got to take a ride on the Rocket Car and Travis and I learned how to hula hoop (really cool).
Memorial Day Parade
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Schools Out (and other stuff around that time)
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
4:41 AM