Welcome to Wisconsin... and that's about all I have to say about that. (although we did pick up some super yummy squeaky cheese)
Then to Mitchell South Dakota and a visit to the Corn Palace. It was a pretty cool sight to see. Much of the building is constructed, both inside and out, of dried horn cobs/husks, wheat, grains, etc...
Not sure why we stopped at Wall Drug in South Dakota. We kept passing all these signs on the freeway that made it sound like paradise, when in reality it was just a big shopping destination. Well they fooled us. I guess it wasn't bad for a short detour.
Now the more popular Mount Rushmore. It really was pretty spectacular.
Probably the most memorable was Garnet Ghost Town in Missoula, Montana (if you have a second you should read about it). This real authentic ghost town was kind of eerie. Not to mention the 45 minute drive up a narrow winding dirt road with many questionable people peeking out at you from their random homesteads. There were many times when I was sure we would turn up as missing and never see the light of day again.
And after many days of grueling travel... we drove into our new town, Olympia, WA, and our very own driveway.
(of course this picture was taken after I painted the door and set up house)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
The Trip Over
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
3:31 PM