We made a gingerbread village and went to the class Christmas parties. Let me just say a couple things in regards to the following. First of all, while the homemade gingerbread does taste MUCH better, it's a huge pain in the rear. Next time I think we'll go back to buying the kit. Secondly, it's crazy how much the actually celebrate Christmas in these liberal WA schools. In Ohio it was always winter parties and books about snowmen. I was really surprised how many Christmas themed crafts and stories were covered through the whole month of December. I guess I just found it overall... interesting... and fun.
Dillon's teacher is so sweet. Here she is handing out stockings to all the kids that they made and she stuffed. They hung over the classroom "fireplace" all month.
In Molly's class they made gingerbread lighthouses. I went in and cooked up all the gingerbread for the class, which gave me the courage to do it for my kids as well.
They turned out really cute (Dillon wanted his fairly plain) the biggest pain was measuring everything out so precisely so it would all fit together in the end.
This is the kids in their Christmas outfits. Can you tell they're freezing and not at all happy that I'm making them stand outside with no coats while I take this picture? There were threats and bribes involved... they still wouldn't really smile.
The annual picture with Santa. It will have to do.
Grandma treated Molly to her first time to see The Nutcracker. She enjoyed it for the most part and I managed to stay awake. Win, win situation. (the red was not planned, I guess it's just one of those Christmas things)
Grandma and Papa with the kids at some huge trail of lights in the middle of no where. It was pretty neat... and cold.
Christmas Eve with the Yonker Family at Aunt Jordanna's House.
Christmas Morning at our house.
Christmas Day at GG's House.
Boy are these kids spoiled.
Even Trav and I got a new ride.
Merry Christmas Every One!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Catching up on Christmas
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
2:14 PM