Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gammy and Poppy

A Visit from Grammy and Poppy is the best!



This is how you'll usually find my dad when visiting our home.... sitting at the dinning room table (away from the noise of the tv, kitchen, etc...) talking over the other goingons about current events, the crossword puzzle, or some other thing that's caught his attention at the time. I often give him a hard time about this, telling him that there are too many things going on around me at any given moment to help him solve the daily crossword puzzle from the New York Times, but secretly I love all the useless knowledge that he (and my husband alike) have stored up in those brains of theirs. I also love the constant talking he's doing in the background about many things I haven't a clue about. It kind of makes it feel like the holidays every time their around. My mom and I in the kitchen talking and cooking, the kids running amuck hopped up on sugar and spoiled with gifts, my father and husband sharing conversation and snacks in the room next door. That's the kind of thing the holidays are made of.



We took a trip to Seattle and stopped at REI for a little adventure. It was pretty limited to trying on a bunch of funny hats and checking out a lot of cool expensive stuff.





Then we went to visit our friend the troll.


Next was your typical Pike Place Market where we got to see your not so typical gals playing music on a saw... interesting.




Lastly, and to wrap up our Seattle trip, we took my parents (in celebration of my dad's birthday) to one of my favorite restaurants, Meskel Ethiopian Restaurant. SO YUMMY!


Miss you mom and dad, see you soon.