Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring into Austin (and Sea World)

I would be back here living in a heartbeat if it didn't get so hot in the summer. Well, at least i get to visit when it's nice and cool in the spring. I think Austin, TX will forever be our favorite destination for vacation. The kids love seeing their cousins, I love seeing my family, and we all love seeing the SUN!



We got there just in time for the family Easter egg hunt. :)



Did I mention I love Austin. It's so clean and beautiful. Terra Toys was always my favorite toy store growing up. It was nice to take my kids there and let them look around. It certainly has changed, but it was still pretty amazing.

Here we are doing what we enjoy most about being here. Spending time with the family.


The girls are getting a little too into the electronics. That's the influence of my relatives.



Daddy had a fun morning with the kids while mommy spent some time with her mommy.



We went out to celebrate Molly and Dillon's birthdays.



Then we had a party back at the house to celebrate all the cousins who'd had birthdays within a month. We took the kids around the property and Uncle Greggy played "Bloody Mary" with them... that really freaked them out... it was great.


As quick as the kids got down to scoop up that candy, the fire ants got there even quicker; something I don't miss about TX.



Our annual trip to Zilker where we feed the birds and rode the train.







And of course we have to make it to the ranch to see the cows and drive the four wheeler.
Even Molly and Dillon did a lot of their own driving this time.



Poppy kept Dillon over night this time and they went fishing. They had a really good time. Dillon loves his Poppy.

Now off to Sea World!



You can tell Dillon was not happy I was making him pose for a picture. He just wanted to get to the action.





And there was LOTS of action!



Some really cool water shows.

Shamoo!!!



Now it's time to go home.

Bye Bye Texas. :(