One morning while I was otherwise occupied, blogging to be more specific, my 21 month old got a fresh sippy cup out of the drawer, pushed a chair up to the kitchen counter where my 33 year old had left the juice out, and attempted to pour herself a cup of juice. This brings on many emotions. . .
Frustration, mainly at myself for not paying attention to my 21 month old. Frustration at my 21 month old for doing something she really does know is a "no no". Frustration at my 33 year old for leaving the juice on the counter instead of in the refrigerator with the refrigerator lock securely in place.
Exhaustion, it's early in the morning and as I'm down on my knees scrubbing the floors I can tell it's already going to be one of "those" days.
And a little bit of pride. You know she is a pretty smart and independent little girl to go at it alone without harassing me even once about wanting a cup of juice. Maybe I should just see this as a sign of a future CEO or at least someone who can support me in my widowing old age.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Mixed Emotions
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
11:56 AM