Monday, July 7, 2008

Sleep

Molly has been having bad dreams lately. She visited Kirtland recently and saw the video with Joseph smith being tared and feathered and was pretty concerned. Then Travis was telling them about the legend of the headless horseman the other night. She has seen the video before and heard the legend previously. She child lives for Scooby Doo, these things just don't usually get to her. I'm not sure what it is but lately she has just had a very vivid imagination and been very worried about "bad guys". She's been having a hard time getting to sleep and staying in bed. Last night she had a dream that our neighborhood pool got a new pet shark and forgot one day to take it out of the pool while the kids were swimming and it ate her friend Sophie. That would certainly be a pretty traumatic thing to experience. Tonight when I was tucking her in she was telling me that daddy said the thing about legends is that we just aren't really sure if they are true or not. I assured her that we ARE SURE that they ARE NOT true and daddy would be up shorty to confirm that. Man, I just want to sleep through the night. Isn't that what being done with having kids is all about?