So I'm just getting to our trip to Texas we took back in April. We decided, on a whim, to make the 24 hour drive down to get some much needed R & R. The drive wasn't that bad. On the way down we drove through the night and the kids did pretty well. On the way back we stoped at a hotel for a night and the drive seemed to drag out more that way. I've learned that it's a lot easier to get through a LONG drive without a million questions, comments, needs, etc. coming at you from the back seat. All in all we would definitely do it again.
Just a few highlights from the trip . . .
My mom has lots of ceramics to paint and a kiln to fire them up. The kids LOVE getting crafty at Grammy's house and I love how washable it all is.
Poppy showed the kids all his "treasures" from "long ago". I'm not so sure the kids had the patience to listen to the history behind EVERY piece that my dad was so eager to share with them, but they definitely enjoyed the discoveries of the old box. I remember seeing that box on my parents dresser all throughout my childhood and always wondering what kind of little things my dad kept in there. It was pretty cool.
Grammy started the kids with their own rock collections. They we're thrilled.
S'mores with some of the cousins and a dip in paradise.
Baby Danni was good to put up with Charlee constantly loving on her. You have got to love that hair on KK head.
And of course back to the ranch, one of our favorite places. Molly is helping Grammy feed the cows.
Dillon and Charlee down by the water looking for bones and skipping rocks.
Dillon found this old drill bit, he was REALLY excited about that.
And I found these bones that apparently belong to an animal that looks like this called a Nutria.
We spent some time in SOCO ( South Congress), which is this super cool funky strip with lots of neat shops and fun places to eat. These kind of places is what Austin is all about. I love it!
The Bob Bullock Texas Sate History Museum
Zilker Park. I really love this place and I really love this picture that Travis took.
Then comes the tradition of it all. The Easter Egg Hunt. For the last several years my dad has been filling the Easter eggs with money for a fun pre-Easter hunt and get together. Sorry, the only way to get in on this action is to either marry one of us, or be conceived by one of us. Anyway, we all had a lot of fun and I think this might be the first time in the history of the hunt that we found ALL the eggs, which is a good thing because our eggs funded the gas for our trip.
Charlee got to hunt indoors for coins and them deposit them into her new Easter bank.
If your wondering why we're all wearing white shirts and jeans, we had just taken pictures with my whole family. I'll share those in a post to come.
On the drive home we stoped in Kentucky to visit the Mammoth Caves. It was really cool touring the caves. It's cold and dark down there, the makings for a fantastic game of spooky hide and seek.
Texas, we miss you already! I'm sure we'll be back soon.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Trip 2 to TX
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
10:21 AM