Dillon loves inventing things and "making machines". As I was getting out of the shower the other day he ran to me with lots of excitement and exclaimed that he had made this machine (below). He said that you blow through the tube which causes the water inside to bubble and that causes the foam to fly. (???)
Over the years he has used many different "household items" for his creations. These include, and are not limited to, pens(dismantled), chairs, flashlight(dismantled), pillows, books, batteries, tools, boxes, wood, kitchen utensils, ribbon, clothes, poles, his telescope (dismantled), his metal detector (dismantled), belts, video tapes (and the tape inside of them), and the list goes on and on. Notice how none of the things listed are toys. You would think he might use his blocks or something, but he's just not interested in that. In fact since he was old enough to really communicate he made it clear that if the train had a face on it or the jet was too colorful and didn't look like a "real" jet he would not be playing with it. So I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised with his items of choice on this particular day. I mean if it's in the house, and not a toy, I have to assume he will eventually be using it in one of his "creations".
(not sure what he was doing with this one)
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Dillon Hard At Work
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
4:56 AM