I know I'm a little late, or a lot late, but this is what we did on Dillon's actual birthdate.
He picked...
The Botanical Gardens for fun, orange chicken for dinner, and chocolate cake for desert.
For his birthday party he wanted to take a few friends to the USS COD, a submarine downtown, but the season didn't start until May. Little did he know that his mom wouldn't actually get around to planning his party until the END of May. So a month and a half later he had his party (post to follow). The sub was definitely worth the wait, although when people asked him how old he was he would sadly say "I'm still just 5." No, you don't age a year in one and a half months.
The Botanical Gardens were great. They were having a "bug" weekend so we had a lot of fun with bugs. The kids each made a bug out of recyclables. (Daddy even got a little buggy)
They participated in some mealworm races. Nasty if you ask me.
They played in the gardens and Molly and Dillon made worm houses.
Then home for dinner and cake. What a day. Dillon, you bring so much joy and laughter to this house I can't imagine our family without you. Happy birthday my love!
A little class celebration at Dillon's preschool. King for a day.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Dillon's Birthday (April 18th)
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
10:19 AM