Travis and I were sitting down in the family room talking while the kids were, well I guess just being themselves, with the usuals. That's when Travis looked at me and said "We're raising the Simpson kids." After thinking about this... a lot... I think he's totally right.
First you have Molly (aka: Lisa Simpson) who loves all things of nature, is very artistic, kind of a know it all, and pretty bossy.
Then you have Dillon (aka: Bart Simpson) who is loud and all over the place, extremely defiant, somewhat of a genius (even if it's an evil genius at times), but still has a sweet tender heart.
And finally Charlee (aka: Maggie Simpson) who rolls with the punches, but has a personality all in her own, is determined to see a task through, and is just super sweet. (I know it would help if she was a pacifier baby, but she never has been. I will tell you she would be as mute as Maggie if I let her have a sucker to suck on 24/7. She's definitely my sugar baby.)
I can't claim to be much like Marge Simpson, and I'm certainly not married to any type of Homer, but if you ever want to know what it's like raising the Simpson kids, I guess I got the skinny.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Raising the Simpsons
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
4:49 AM