Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Wicked Thanksgiving

Wicked for a few reasons...
First, because I turned thirty the day before and second, because Travis took me to see Wicked on my birthday. We really enjoyed the show, and a wonderful dinner at my favorite restaurant, Sarava.


The next morning I got up early and finished the pies, got the turkey in, and got all the sides done. This is the first year we haven't had people over for Thanksgiving dinner. It's nice having company, but after a late night the night before it really takes the pressure off and cuts down on the dishes because your family doesn't care if you serve things out of "fancy" serving dishes.
Boy did we have a TON of leftovers though, apparently I haven't mastered the concept of cooking for less. Anyway we were done with dinner by 2:30 and decided to hit the movies and see Ponyo. This was a fantastic animated movie, one of the best we've see in a really long time. On the way home we stopped by some friends house who were serving up some yummy Indian food, ate some more, and called it a night. Happy Thanksgiving!