Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Molly's 8

Molly had her 8 closest girlfriends over to celebrate 8 great years. I would tell you it was a sleepover, but they didn't do much sleeping. Around 3:30am I finally had to shut off every source of light I possibly could to force their weary bodies into dreamland.



Molly wanted a colorful fun cake (cause she's a colorful fun girl) and I think this one delivered pretty well. 8 layers of rainbow goodness with vanilla custard between each layer.




Goody bags consisted of...
A journal
A pen
Stickers
Candy (concessions for the late night movie)
A big first letter of their name to decorate
A little glass bottle with cork to stuff some letters to self in... only to be opened in 5 years.



Most of the evening the girls hung out upstairs making videos (one of the girls brought her digital camera w/ video) and they were all pretty creative. I would know this since I was listening at the door for a period of time. I later had her friend let me upload her memory card to my computer before she left... that is why I am happy to be able to share this bit with you.
(Disclaimer: The farting sounds were made by a remote controlled speaker that was brought by one of the guests. If you are easily offended by sounds of flatulence then the following clip is not for you.)



Note to Molly,

It blows my mind how quickly you've grown, and I couldn't be prouder of the person you're growing into. You are a sweet, responsible, compassionate little girl who makes everyone around her feel good. You have an amazing innocence about you that allows you to be creative and funny without the distractions of the world to hold you back. You're an incredible artist, sister, daughter, and friend and the world just wouldn't be the same without you in it. You have a wonderful relationship with your Father in Heaven and through your example of spirituality we all are influenced for the better. I love you Molly.

Love, Mom