After seeing this on Youtube my parents insisted on driving up here in their motor home for the sole purpose of taking us there to see it in person. I guess it's the Texas in me, but I was definitely willing to go.
It's amazing the system they have going for milking the cows. You really do have to see it to get the full "wow" of it all.
The viewing of the cows giving birth was seriously painful. I guess I've never been a fan of any type of live birth viewing... Especially the part when they v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y eat their after birth.
Speaking of eating, the dairy stuff at the cafe was fantastic. Cheese, yogurt, ice cream, heaven.
Camping. Or at least that's what we called it. However, growing up the words camping and luxury motorhomes never went together. Just the same I was glad to have it when it's still hitting 35 degrees at night time, and the kids had a blast.
They even kind of enjoyed emptying the sewage tank.
Then Poppy took the kids fishing where they had to watch him rip apart a worm and shove it on a hook. Poor kids. Next time I think we'll go for the kind of bate that's not actually living and moving around.
We always love it when Gammy and Poppy come for a visit.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Grammy, Poppy, and Fair Oaks Dairy Farm
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
7:38 AM