Needless to say, leaving Cleveland is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I've been dragging my feet with this whole blogging thing and while I would like to get up to speed and start covering what's currently going on with us, I'm not willing to move forward without documenting the great times that now seem so long ago.
Soooo.... here are several random happenings that in no way fit together other than that they all involve my family and happened before we moved from Cleveland.
Cute pictures of Charlee going through her rain-boot phase.
The last kids book club meeting. We had read Little House in the Big Woods and the girls were trying to fashion something out of "calico's" to wear atop their heads.
I LOVE Family Dance Night at Canterbury. It's my favorite event of the year. This video was taken earlier in the night before Molly's friends got there and she started to "feel" the music. I missed having Travis with us, but still a FUN night.
I finally got around to recovering our dinning room chairs.
Hopefully you can tell which is before and which is after.
We made some little gift bags for teacher appreciation week.
Contents: homemade bread, homemade jam, cute kitchen washcloths, a spreader for the jam
Dillon and his buddy Eli made a "lean to" in our back yard. I was wondering what was keeping them occupied for hours out there. They were pretty proud of it.
Molly's team won Battle of the Books at Canterbury. I was so proud of her. She was the team captain and they were up against 7 other teams from grades 1 - 3. She managed to read all 12 books and memorize their authors. Her team scored highest in every Q & A round and had a pizza party to celebrate the win. This challenge was really great for the kids and I am hoping to follow Mr. Lapowski's lead and incorporate it in the schools over here. If you want to know more about it, or are interested in the book list, go here.
Charlee and Jack continue their romance. Someday, when we convince them to move out here close to us, they will be reunited and all will be right in the world again.
Our last trip to Castle Park in Coventry.
Molly says goodbye to Nicole, her fist Cleveland friend. The two met in preschool at age 3 and were close from that point on. We'll miss you Nicole.
Mrs. Fierer. You know I was doing OK the last day we were in town. I took treats into the kid's classes and their teachers had little "goodbye parties" for them. It wasn't until I came to pick up Dillon after school and walked up to Mrs. Fierer, who was already crying, that I started my complete break down. I can't imagine having had better teachers for my kids while attending Canterbury. They're support and influence of my children and family has made an impression on me that will last forever. Of all the things I miss in Cleveland the most, the school and teachers are right up there. Thank You Canterbury!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wrapping It Up
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
7:31 AM