Friday, November 5, 2010

All Dressed Up With Places to Go

All dressed up! Dillon is a SWAT team guy, Molly is a vampire, Charlee is a witch, Travis is Hansel, and I opted for something free, Pippi Longstocking. Don't we all look so cute.




The kids with their bff's.


This is our bishop all dressed up at the ward party. I was shocked at just how in to it all everybody gets. I mean they completely converted the bishops foyer and many of the other rooms into these amazing Halloween scenes. Not to mention the young men and women built this awesome haunted house for all the kids to go through. We really had a great time, and I was glad when Sunday came around that we didn't have to do it all again.


On Sunday, Halloween night, we went over to some friends house. We put together a fun spooky meal for the kids and sat around in the dark telling ghost stories and passing around Dead Ned's "body parts". Then the kids did some dancing (to end it on a lighter note) and we headed home.


The only downer of the night was finding that when we got home Molly's pumpkin had been smashed up by some teenagers. It's funny how we lived in the city for the last 5 years with no problems of vandalism, but once we move out the the "safety of the suburbs" we have to deal with this junk. Poor Molly was devastated for about a day. Now she's over it.