Dillon really wanted an ant farm. So Grammy, complying with his wishes, got him one for Christmas. We sent away for the ants to put in the farm and they arrived in a tube in the mail, just like we anticipated. We dumped them in the farm and after some time they began to dig, just like we anticipated. They made a few tunnels and started storing all the dead ant bodies in one corner (not all the ants survived the trip in the mail) and then buried them with the green stuff they were living in. What we didn't anticipate was all the nasty mold that would develop all over the ant bodies as they sat there and rotted away in that nasty green stuff. It got to the point were I wanted to vomit every time I passed the ant farm. I was just praying everyday that the rest of those ants would kick the can so I could toss the whole thing out and be done with it all. By the time the last ant met his death (no doubt from mold spores) nearly one third of the whole farm was all fungused out. Do NOT do the ant farm thing!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Don't Do It
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
6:22 AM