Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007


What a crazy month, but a Wonderful Christmas. We were blessed to have Travis' parents and grandma come for a week to spoil our kids and pump them up with sugar, after all, that's what grandparents are for.

Christmas morning was fun and not too dreadfully early. I guess it was around 7:30 when Molly pulled us out of bed. We made it down stairs, took a moment to recall the birth of Christ through scripture, and then the unveiling of the gifts began. First, stockings...

I love stockings. It was always my favorite growing up and now I get to see my kids enjoy it just as much as I did. Santa always put a can of olives in our stockings and we were quick to open them and put them on all our fingers eating them off one by one, is that weird? My kids love them too.

Grammy and Poppy,
the kids LOVED the gifts. Molly has already produced some beautiful art, Dillon has spent a lot of time pushing his vintage ferry boat around and collecting the passengers, and Charlee carries around her doll like a baby. It's fortunate, however, it's not a real baby since she's frequently dropping it on it's head and then tripping over it.
You guys always know just the right things to get them, thank you so much.




So the day came and went. Our family was able to stay for a while, but had to fly out this morning and we were all sad to see them go. We leave for Texas on Thursday and I am thoroughly looking forward to some warmer weather. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and have a Happy New Year.