Dear Dillon,
At least twice a day you say something either profound or hilarious and I always try to remember to write these things down, but always seem to fail. Well there are a few things I want to write down and remember right now.
Thank you for such a beautiful prayer yesterday. You wanted to say the prayer before dinner and I have to admit I kind of expected your typical goofy, lets eat, pre-meal prayer, but instead you so reverently gave thanks for our healthy bodies that allow us to run and play and asked for blessings of continued good health and happiness. You have such an amazing spirit to you.
Thank you for your humor. While we were with friends down by the pond the other day a giant dragonfly passed by you and a friend of yours, your friend said "look at that giant dragonfly" and you said " It was probably a remote control one".
And thank you for your vivid imagination. For a while when you would get mad at me you would say "You're Fired Mommy". I'm not sure where you heard it, but I figured you just must
have picked it up somewhere. When thinking a little more about this I realized you must not really know what this phrase means although you were now saying it like twenty times a day. So when I asked you to be a little more detailed with me about what "You're Fired" really means, I found it meant, in your mind, that I was actually on fire. Now while I'm not sure it's so healthy to picture your mother actually on fire just because she says you can't have another cookie, I do still appreciate you vivid imagination. I am also glad, however, that that phase has now passed.
I have to say that this is only scratching the surface. I promise to try to write more of this down. You do so much to amaze me everyday. Dillon, you make me so proud. Love, Mommy
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Dear Dillon
Posted by
Yonker Family
at
5:42 PM