Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Got Milk

I grew up in Austin Texas and I would certainly consider myself a city girl, but there is definitely a part of me that loves the country. My dad finally bought a ranch, about 180 acres, a couple hours outside of Austin a few years ago. He can't convince my mom to move out there so they still live in the Austin area and he just commutes out a couple of times a week. Anyhow, he finally got a herd. I guess this makes him a real cowpoke or something. I'm excited to go back and visit in October, I know the kids are going to love going out there and driving the tractors out to the cows and feeding them and stuff. It will be a lot of fun as long as we can steer clear of the patties.

This is an old house from the turn of the century that they haven't fully demoed yet. We always have fun "exploring" the "haunted" old house when we go to Poppy's ranch. It's pretty cool.

There's my Daddy, feeding them cows their cubes.
I guess they're pretty much all pregnant, this should be interesting.