Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Green And Brown Thumb

Oddly, I love working in the yard. I say oddly because when i was growing up my dad use to wake us up at the butt-crack of dawn, in his words, to pick weeds in the garden, I was definitely not feeling that. But now, as an adult, I officially love working in the dirt. This garden is one that we have just for the kids. It's where we grow our veggies, fruits, and any flowers they take a liking to.


I'm a big fan of mulch, or beauty bark as we call it on the west coast. As you can see it makes a huge difference in the look of the garden, but it also keeps a lot of weed seeds out, and when it comes to weeds, I don't really like working in the dirt.


Charlee's a pretty big fan of the mulch too.