Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Matey

Dillon turned four in April but we had to wait until the weather warmed up before we could have his pirate pool party. I want to post some of the highlights from the party but first I want to spend just a minute on this pool, which I purchased back in March and left in the box until the morning of the party, and how that whole thing went down.
First of all, this is the picture on the box...


And this was the picture that I got...

Do you get my drift?
I mean I thought this thing was going to be huge. Dillon was only allowed to invite four friends (since he is turning four) so I figured his four friends and their siblings along with my kids would all be fine in this HUGE pool, right? That was a definite negative.
But other than the shrinking pirate ship pool and the scorching, unbearably hot weather, the party was fun. Here are those pictures I mentioned earlier...




(that's one brave daddy)



(that's one happy boy)

(that was one fun birthday)